MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 12:43 PM)Tyler Wrote: BTW, I could definitely see Maxi as part of a Turner deal. Both play good defense and space the floor, but Dallas is looking for a starter while Carlisle may prefer the guy who accepts his role as a rotational guy.

Indy definitely need a floor spreading, defense playing PF that can play next to Sabonis. I would prefer to send them Powell though Smile

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 12:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Indy definitely need a floor spreading, defense playing PF that can play next to Sabonis. I would prefer to send them Powell though Smile

If only Powell would learn to face the basket when he catches the ball with the stunts that he and Luka run.  He's not a terrible shooter.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-09-2021

Stein has mentioned Simmons would play for Pop if a trade could happen...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 03:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Stein has mentioned Simmons would play for Pop if a trade could happen...

I hope that doesn't happen. I think SA getting back on track would make the Mavs' future even more perilous.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Mikelo - 12-09-2021

Frankly, I can't see Turner. He'll be a very sought-after guy in the first place and they could easily beat our offer, .. Hornets / Warriors / Raptors / Spurs etc ... Nor can I make sense of it, if KP is not moving ... according to my understanding, KP would play 5 in the Playoff ... Warren seems more realistic to me, if it doesn't fit into his rebuild and they are going to let him walk (so long hurt) it could be a cheap buy with high reward and if it works we have his rights to bring him back ... My dream in this team would be Isaak ... although more of a chimera, he can't stay healthy and I guess the Magic don't want to move him ...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 04:17 PM)Mikelo Wrote: Nor can I make sense of it, if KP is not moving ... according to my understanding, KP would play 5 in the Playoff

Yeah, I'm with this. 

If KP is here, the best lineups will be built around him at the 5. If they want to protect his health by waiting as long as possible (both early in games and early in the season) then they'll need a solution at Center, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for that guy to be a high-priced dude who expects to be out there to close games. Really, they just need a Powell-level guy who is an improvement over Powell, or even better - a WCS priced guy who's an improvement over WCS. 

If KP is outgoing, in either said deal or another, then I think Turner is just what the doctor ordered, and I'd be extremely interested in that level of shakeup. But I don't expect it to happen, at this point.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - TXBamanut - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 12:36 PM)Tyler Wrote: Turner's quote:

“It’s clear that I’m not valued as anything more than a glorified role player here, and I want something more, more opportunity. …I’m not valued as more than a rotational role player, and I hold myself in a higher regard than that.”

I sense a pattern developing with Carlisle and centers.

I immediately thought the same thing.  A talented big man all of sudden feels reduced to a role player who is an afterthought....yep, heard that before.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Jym - 12-09-2021

Interesting enough, I went to see how much Turner's PPG had dropped since last season and it's is actually slightly up
And I also thought he'd be more of a rebounder.
6.7 RPG in 28.7 minutes for his career
But those block numbers are a thing of beauty

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - StepBackJay - 12-10-2021

(12-09-2021, 12:43 PM)Tyler Wrote: BTW, I could definitely see Maxi as part of a Turner deal. Both play good defense and space the floor, but Dallas is looking for a starter while Carlisle may prefer the guy who accepts his role as a rotational player.

I could see that but Maxi + what else?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-10-2021

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: Philadelphia's trade conversations on Ben Simmons gathering momentum in recent days. More teams engaged, more two and three-way deal structure talks ongoing as 76ers try to land a Top 25 player for Simmons." / Twitter

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 04:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: Philadelphia's trade conversations on Ben Simmons gathering momentum in recent days. More teams engaged, more two and three-way deal structure talks ongoing as 76ers try to land a Top 25 player for Simmons." / Twitter

The 15th could be an interesting day.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-10-2021

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Portland Trail Blazers have made clear to the 76ers that All-NBA guard Damian Lillard is not available to be discussed in trade talks and franchise has no interest in moving him, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Chicagojk - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 04:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: Philadelphia's trade conversations on Ben Simmons gathering momentum in recent days. More teams engaged, more two and three-way deal structure talks ongoing as 76ers try to land a Top 25 player for Simmons." / Twitter

Three way trade that won't happen, but

PHilly gets Kyrie Irving
Nets get Hardaway and Bullock  or DFS  plus a future first
Dallas gets Ben Simmons

I

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-13-2021

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1470421439564161032?s=20

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-13-2021

Lots of trade rumors posted on Discord earlier...

Simmons, Grant, Turner, Sabonis, Ross, Jazz want a defensive wing,Tatum and Brown pairing to end in the next 12 to 18 months...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 11:18 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Lots of trade rumors posted on Discord earlier...

Simmons, Grant, Turner, Sabonis, Ross, Jazz want a defensive wing,Tatum and Brown pairing to end in the next 12 to 18 months...

I guess other than Tatum-Brown this may be the source. Dallas not mentioned even once. If Lakers (specifially mentioned) can dream about getting Grant, so can Dallas. 

Optimism for a Kyrie Irving return, the latest on Ben Simmons trade talks and more NBA news and notes: Inside Pass – The Athletic

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - MrGoat - 12-13-2021

I don't suppose there is a Dwight Powell to Indiana trade that could net us Sabonis or Turner?

You know, reunite Dwight with Rick

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-14-2021

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1470755409891835908?t=KJQeKVXuTtkSNy74tfy-0w&s=19

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - cow - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 10:50 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1470755409891835908?t=KJQeKVXuTtkSNy74tfy-0w&s=19

Oh how I wish...

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 12-14-2021

https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/1470764832584519682?s=20