MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ItsGoTime - 11-08-2021

I could see a Tatum for Simmons trade satisfying Simmons seeing as he wants “his” team. Keeping Tatum becomes a clash of egos IMO.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - dynamicalVoid - 11-08-2021

Tatum, Smart, Simmons seems like a stout defense though

Smart wont have to worry about Simmons taking shots away from him.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ClutchDirk - 11-08-2021

https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1457751751352668162?t=xwx1uTdgdcZzAUQkKjetyA&s=19

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - SleepingHero - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/1457751751352668162?t=xwx1uTdgdcZzAUQkKjetyA&s=19

Makes absolutely no sense for the Celtics. Sounds like Morey trying to drive up baseline value with that.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Jmaciscool - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Makes absolutely no sense for the Celtics. Sounds like Morey trying to drive up baseline value with that.

This is my thinking too. There's no way Boston would trade Brown for Simmons. 

(If that were the case then Nico needs to hurry and offer KP for Tatum)  Tongue

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Tyler - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 10:22 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10017534-ben-simmons-trade-rumors-celtics-76ers-engaged-in-talks-jaylen-brown-linked

There are three inevitable things in life -- death, taxes, and Daryl Morey leaking fake trade discussions for his own benefit.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Kammrath - 11-08-2021

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1457836501870469123

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Hypermav - 11-09-2021

https://section215.com/2021/11/06/philadelphia-76ers-jalen-brunson-trade/

Simmons or no deal Smile

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Scott41theMavs - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 05:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://section215.com/2021/11/06/philadelphia-76ers-jalen-brunson-trade/

Simmons or no deal Smile

The conversation starts with Curry. And we need a playmaker back as well.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - TXBamanut - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 05:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://section215.com/2021/11/06/philadelphia-76ers-jalen-brunson-trade/

Simmons or no deal Smile

I love how they talk themselves into how he doesn't work here... ?.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Tyler - 11-09-2021

Lol. No thanks Philly homers. 

If you want to talk about how he’d be a better fit for the 76ers than Simmons, then I think there’s a real discussion to be had about a PG swap. Otherwise be sure to seal the top in your sippy cups full of Morey koolaid.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - Kammrath - 11-09-2021

If I am trading Brunson to PHI then Ben Simmons is absolutely coming back. Period. End of discussion.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 07:33 PM)Tyler Wrote: Lol. No thanks Philly homers. 

If you want to talk about how he’d be a better fit for the 76ers than Simmons, then I think there’s a real discussion to be had about a PG swap. Otherwise be sure to seal the top in your sippy cups full of Morey koolaid.

For the sake of discussion, lets assume Brunson is gone after this season, because he wants to go and it is not about money. Philly would actually be a good place for him to run a team, as long as they don't bring in someone like Lillard. In this light I find the Philly "proposal" intriguing. Two young guys on cheap contracts for one more season. Milton is capable of being a good Luka back-up. Reed has upside to his game but just can't get minutes in Philly. Extremely high energy guy with a motor that doesn't stop. Only 22 years old. I would have Philly eat Burke contract and try to squeeze a protected FRP from them instead of those second rounders mentioned. Perhaps swap that FRP for our pick from NY. Unfortunately I don't think Brunson can bring much more due to his unrestricted status. Mavs would lose talent this season (I don't think they are contenders anyway) but would have better position next season and in future.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - ItsGoTime - 11-09-2021

I mean, KP and Brunson for Simmons, easy deal.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 09:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I mean, KP and Brunson for Simmons, easy deal.

SOLD

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons suspended | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - DanSchwartzgan - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 07:46 PM)omahen Wrote: For the sake of discussion, lets assume Brunson is gone after this season, because he wants to go and it is not about money. Philly would actually be a good place for him to run a team, as long as they don't bring in someone like Lillard. In this light I find the Philly "proposal" intriguing. Two young guys on cheap contracts for one more season. Milton is capable of being a good Luka back-up. Reed has upside to his game but just can't get minutes in Philly. Extremely high energy guy with a motor that doesn't stop. Only 22 years old. I would have Philly eat Burke contract and try to squeeze a protected FRP from them instead of those second rounders mentioned. Perhaps swap that FRP for our pick from NY. Unfortunately I don't think Brunson can bring much more due to his unrestricted status. Mavs would lose talent this season (I don't think they are contenders anyway) but would have better position next season and in future.

For the sake of discussion…

This feels like a discount to NAV.  Do we want to take any kind of a discount from a team that doesn’t have cap space this summer?  Let’s set Brunson at THJ money…$18mm.  Philly has no path.  Heck, BYC will make even a S&T difficult unless the trade is expanded significantly.

I haven’t studied this, but the teams Spotrac lists as having the most “practical space” this summer are Det, Orl, OKC, SA and Memphis.  Does Brunson really want to go to any of those?  Plus, they all have pretty good PG’s already (unless they want to send one back to us).  

Before we do something, I’d like to identify who the true threat is to steal Brunson rather than dwelling in the abstract fear that we might lose him for nothing.  Maybe there is something obvious that I’m not thinking of. Who besides Philly and NY have been mentioned as having interest?  Who besides the teams above have a shot at cap space?   The biggest concern I see is someone doing something unexpected (like OKC trading SGA for a player at another position and then using space for Brunson).  But, like I said, I haven’t spent much time studying this as I want to just pay Brunson and keep him (since it isn’t my money).

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - KillerLeft - 11-09-2021

@"DanSchwartzgan" keep up, my guy. 

We already decided to trade JB/KP for Simmons. 

Next topic.

IS SOMEONE CALLING MOREY RIGHT NOW, OR WHAT???

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - TXBamanut - 11-10-2021

(11-09-2021, 09:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I mean, KP and Brunson for Simmons, easy deal.

That's stupid....I bet ya'll thought that Rondo trade was gonna get us a ring...

In 4 years, ya'll would be arguing "Naw, the Rondo trade was better because we got Captain Canada Dwight Powell and Rondo was an expiring and didn't make Dirk get frustrated and leave,"

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: Simmons out for mental health | Ayton "very unhappy" in PHX - omahen - 11-10-2021

(11-09-2021, 11:19 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: For the sake of discussion…

This feels like a discount to NAV.  Do we want to take any kind of a discount from a team that doesn’t have cap space this summer?  Let’s set Brunson at THJ money…$18mm.  Philly has no path.  Heck, BYC will make even a S&T difficult unless the trade is expanded significantly.

I haven’t studied this, but the teams Spotrac lists as having the most “practical space” this summer are Det, Orl, OKC, SA and Memphis.  Does Brunson really want to go to any of those?  Plus, they all have pretty good PG’s already (unless they want to send one back to us).  

Before we do something, I’d like to identify who the true threat is to steal Brunson rather than dwelling in the abstract fear that we might lose him for nothing.  Maybe there is something obvious that I’m not thinking of. Who besides Philly and NY have been mentioned as having interest?  Who besides the teams above have a shot at cap space?   The biggest concern I see is someone doing something unexpected (like OKC trading SGA for a player at another position and then using space for Brunson).  But, like I said, I haven’t spent much time studying this as I want to just pay Brunson and keep him (since it isn’t my money).

I disagree that this is a discount, if a player wants to go. Dallas leverage is low in this case, imho. As he is unrestricted, he is basically the one picking his team as no one will give anything serious for him unless he gives them commitment he will resign. There is also a player and agent relationship to consider. I think the possible value in summer will be even lower. Toronto, as one of recent examples, got Achiuwa to facilitate Lowry SnT. Minnesota got just Josh Richardson for Butler SnT. Bulls got a protected FRP and SRP for Markannen and he was restricted. NO got two role playing vets and a SRP for Ball. SA perhaps got the most in a FRP, 2 SRP and two vets for DeRozan. Neither of those deals is actually more than we are discussing in this theoretic Brunson to Philly deal while one could argue that players of considerable higher star status were involved.