MavsBoard
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over (/showthread.php?tid=1176)

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - cow - 02-09-2022

What does Buddy Love cost us though?

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - KillerLeft - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 12:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kidd proved me wrong. A shooter like Hield is worth giving up a couple of open layups.

Let's say you're right. 

Are you ready to package Green in the deal? Is it worth that to you? Because I honestly think you might as well do that if you bring in Hield. Green will be stuck to the bench again in no time. 

...unless Hield costs Bullock. Don't think I'd like that, though.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - SleepingHero - 02-09-2022

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status/1491417906059804677

If you scroll down, Lauren Gunn, who's been cryptically tweeting since last night, replied this to that tweet.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - omahen - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 01:00 PM)cow Wrote: What does Buddy Love cost us though?

Asset for sure. I would rather keep THJ and use him for Brogdon trade, if Indy values him so highly

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - Kammrath - 02-09-2022

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1491472212435423235

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - KillerLeft - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 01:00 PM)cow Wrote: What does Buddy Love cost us though?

If it doesn't revolve around Hardaway, the Mavs are stupid. 

If I'm Indiana, I ask for Hardaway and Green, and if it's required to make the money work, I try to give back a low-salaried guy who isn't nearly as intriguing as Green has been this past month. 

Are we interested? I could be talked into it, I suppose.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - SleepingHero - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 01:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Let's say you're right. 

Are you ready to package Green in the deal? Is it worth that to you? Because I honestly think you might as well do that if you bring in Hield. Green will be stuck to the bench again in no time. 

...unless Hield costs Bullock. Don't think I'd like that, though.

I wouldn't move Bullock for Hield solely because it's a 1 step forward 2 steps back. We need to add to our offense, and Bullock is one of the few shooters we got. 

I'm more than ready to trade Green if thats what it costs. I know we tend to get attached to our hyperathletic forwards who can't shoot historically (Still miss Simba), but Green hasn't shown enough for a contract extension, let alone us wavering on shipping him off for one of the most elite shooters in the entire league.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - omahen - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 01:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If you scroll down, Lauren Gunn, who's been cryptically tweeting since last night, replied this to that tweet.

I remember one of those Mavs guys and a "if you knew what I know now tweet". Than nothing happened for two days then Mavs finally signed Wright.

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - Kammrath - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 01:03 PM)omahen Wrote: Asset for sure.

How do you know that? 

I think you are way too over-confident in your ability to know how NBA GMs value players.

(02-09-2022, 12:59 PM)soog Wrote: Continued speculation on Holmes with report that Mavs are 1 of 3 teams that have inquired about him.  Gunn continues to comment on the idea 

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status/1491241055605641219?s=20&t=1K9rYht-RrD4JLCKuD1l9w

There you go, @"Kammrath"!

(02-09-2022, 01:05 PM)omahen Wrote: Am I not allowed to have my opinion?

My bad. It didn't sound like an "opinion" with the "for sure" in it.

(02-09-2022, 01:04 PM)omahen Wrote: I remember one of those Mavs guys and a "if you knew what I know now tweet". Than nothing happened for two days then Mavs finally signed Wright.

Sorry I'm a little confused with your wording. Do you mean that back in the summer before the Mavs signed and traded for Wright, an account like Gunn's started cryptically tweeting similar things, and then the Wright move happened?

(02-09-2022, 01:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm more than ready to trade Green if thats what it costs. I know we tend to get attached to our hyperathletic forwards who can't shoot historically (Still miss Simba), but Green hasn't shown enough for a contract extension, let alone us wavering on shipping him off for one of the most elite shooters in the entire league.

I would've been right there with you without a moment's hesitation a month ago. I am slowly but surely becoming a believer in Green these days, however. I think he probably gets pushed mostly out of the playoff rotation this year, but I believe he's poised to make a pretty big impact off the bench next year. 

It's at least worth a good, long pause and think, I'd say.

https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/status/1491472944815558657

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1491473182578122757

RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - Chicagojk - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 12:32 PM)omahen Wrote: I am really not sure about him. His contract is a year shorter than THJ, but will cause an asset because of that. THJ is great locker room presence and satisfied with whatever role. Will Hield be the same?

Feel the same way.    I remember around 3 years ago listening to the Bill simmons podcast and he was saying can you imagine if the Mavs got a third star like Buddy Love to their team.  That would be the missing piece.  How times change. 

With Hield we are still missing a PF type and backup guard who can create.    I was having trouble finding minutes for everyone when Hardaway was healthy.  Same problem would be there for Hield.  

On the other hand, I can totally see Hield hit 5 threes in a quarter of a playoff game.   Maybe you can rehab his image as well?   

So I am not sure....typically when I am not sure, I land on the side of not making that move.   

BTW, who knows if these rumors have any truth to them.  If they do, it may be the Mavs don't think they are getting Dragic or are looking at other areas.

(02-09-2022, 01:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Sorry I'm a little confused with your wording. Do you mean that back in the summer before the Mavs signed and trade for Wright, an account like Gunn's started cryptically tweeting similar things, and then the Wright move happened?

It was on the first day of free agency in 2019. Deals were signed everywhere in first hours and fans were becoming a little nervous. There were speculations flying around about Mavs involved in the Miami trade. One of Mavs writers (forgot if it was Sefko or someone else) tweeted that, implying something big might happen. Than nothing happened.

@"DanSchwartzgan" likes to hint at some inside knowledge on Hield that is less than favorable, and that he never fully reveals...can you elaborate just a bit without giving away something you'd rather not?

(02-09-2022, 01:09 PM)omahen Wrote: It was on the first day of free agency in 2019. Deals were signed everywhere in first hours and fans were becoming a little nervous. There were speculations flying around about Mavs involved in the Miami trade. One of Mavs writers (forgot if it was Sefko or someone else) tweeted that, implying something big might happen. Than nothing happened.

OH. Yeah. It's starting to come back to me. I remember that. I guess I'm falling for it again. 

I think the only reason why I'm willingly falling for this trap is because its Buddy Love. He's been one of the few guys I've wanted A LOT for the last 2 years and defended probably more than I should have.

(1) Zach Lowe on Twitter: "Small trade note: As of now -- and everything can change in the next 26 hours -- the Indiana Pacers do not plan to trade Buddy Hield despite some interest from other teams, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

(1) NBA Central on Twitter: "There’s no negotiation going on between Philadelphia and Brooklyn, per @wojespn "The idea that they are going back and forth that's been surmised by some, I don't believe that to be accurate."??? (h/t @DerekBodnerNBA ) https://t.co/SSqKSQYYF7" / Twitter